We bring you some interesting facts on a wonderful organ called your heart.
- Your heart is a muscular organ about the size of a fist.
- With every heartbeat, your heart pumps blood that carries oxygen and nutrients to all parts of your body.
- Your heart beats about 70 times per minute at rest.
- Your heart rate increases when you are active or experience strong emotions.
- Your heart muscle receives its own blood supply from a system of coronary arteries.
- A good blood supply is vital for the normal function of your heart.